What Is The Meaning Of Sugar Daddy
Sugar daddies are people who have already reached financial success, got recognized by other top specialists and businessmen in their niche, and, in most cases, had a lot of relationships with women. Most of them also have a special taste for relationships and prefer to enjoy all the best things like romance, intimacy, and companionship without the common problematic issues related to jealousy, control, and others.
They can afford to invest in a relationship and do it when they realize that traditional romantic relationships don’t work as well for them as they worked before. This is an image of a typical sugar daddy, but there are a lot of other things to know about men who prefer to support women financially instead of trying to go on hundreds of bad Tinder dates.
What is a sugar daddy?
Let’s start with some general sugar rules and a sugar daddy definition.
Generally speaking, a sugar relationship is pretty similar to a business relationship: there are certain terms and conditions, as well as financial arrangements. However, it’s not only about business—it’s also about romance, care, companionship, and intimacy.
Let’s take a look at the roles in a sugar relationship in more detail.
A sugar baby is a lady who is looking for an allowance and gifts from a man who can help her get things that she could never afford before in exchange for companionship, dates, vacations, care, and intimacy.
If so, what does sugar daddy mean?
Sugar daddy, in turn, is a man (usually older and always much wealthier than a sugar baby) who looks for a woman who meets his tastes and criteria and wants to invest in a relationship with her, provided that she is equally interested in this relationship.
Here are a few more essentials about sugar daddies that can help understand who they really are and how to distinguish them from men looking for other relationships:
- Many sugar daddies are top managers, business owners, top developers, etc. They usually don’t have enough time to build a typical romantic relationship choosing from hundreds of candidates, only a few of whom are likely to meet their criteria.
- A sugar daddy can pay an allowance or give gifts, pay for vacations in Europe or Asia, or do both—he decides what kind of sponsorship works better for him. There are sugar daddies who pay the average price for dates ($200-$300 per meeting, not necessarily with sex), pay the bill, and buy some luxury gifts. Others prefer to pay a monthly allowance. Some men prefer to date only “high-end” sugar babies and don’t mind paying $500-$600 per meeting. It’s always up to a daddy.
- Discreet dating is pretty common—there are a lot of married men looking for a sugar relationship, and the vast majority of experienced babies know how to keep the secrets.
- There are “monogamous” daddies, as well as those who prefer to date a few babies at the same time. Both scenarios are perfectly normal—again, it usually depends on the SD’s decision.
So, these are the common things about daddies. But what about the differences between them?
Types of sugar daddies and what they expect from sugar relationship
There are some common types of sugar daddies that expect different things from sugar babies and their relationships:
- Daddies looking for companionship and nothing but companionship. Surprisingly, there are sugar daddies who are not so interested in intimacy. Romantic dates, showering ladies with gifts, attention, care, and long conversations are their top priorities. It would be wrong to say that most daddies look for platonic relationships with young and attractive ladies and gentlemen, but they do exist.
- “Typical” sugar daddies. They look for the same things as sugar daddies who we described above, however, they also want real intimacy in a relationship. They don’t usually rush things or put pressure on ladies—they just believe that this is about to happen when both are ready and want this.
- Mentors. They are also experienced and successful sugar daddies who not only date their babies but also provide them with an opportunity to learn from them. They share their experiences, useful advice, help babies achieve success personally and professionally. In other words, they are like Henry Higgins from Bernard Shaw’s play, and they actually date their Elizas.
- Those who prefer to date online. There are men who love to have long conversations with ladies online, get their attention and support, with or even without rare meetings in real life. Most of them are married men looking for new experiences online.
- Gay sugar daddies who can be in heterosexual relationships. There are men who are looking for male sugar babies and don’t want anyone to know about that for a reason. In most cases, they are “typical” daddies looking for both companionship and intimacy, but they usually demand a greater level of secrecy.
Note that there are also two types of men who are into sugar dating, but none of them can be considered sugar daddies. They are:
- Splenda daddies. Who is Splenda daddy? Splenda is a sugar substitute, so a Splenda daddy is a substitute for a sugar daddy. The thing is there are men who don’t earn a lot of money but do like sugar relationships. They also look for sugar babies, but they can’t afford to pay this much or give as expensive gifts as sugar daddies do—they have average salaries and can spend a part of their earnings on sugar babies, but it’s not about the luxury lifestyle.
- Salt daddies. They are men who have no money and are not going to pay or give any gifts to a sugar baby. Their main goal is to deceive a lady and have sex with her, giving her nothing but empty promises.
Women can date Splenda daddies but it is highly recommended to avoid Salt daddies at all costs to save time and sometimes even money.
Is it easy to meet sugar daddies?
Now you know the actual sugar daddy meaning in relationship, and the next important question is how to meet a potential benefactor. Though some ladies find sugar daddies through friends, it is not the most common way to find a sugar relationship. The vast majority of SBs and SDs usually look for partners on sugar dating websites, so joining one of them is the easiest and fastest way to find a sugar daddy.
Here are some of the platforms with decent reputations and a lot of successful sugar daddies:
- . This is the world’s most popular sugar dating website—it has millions of members worldwide, the site is easy to use, there are welcome bonuses to test premium features, and a wide variety of services that make interacting with SDs and SBs easy and fun.
- . The name of the site speaks for itself—it was specially designed for sugar daddies and sugar babies. By the way, it not only has sugar daddies—the platform accepts only the members from the twenty most prosperous countries to ensure that a daddy earns enough to provide proper allowance and buy gifts to a sugar baby.
- . This is one of the most popular casual dating sites that work great for married and attached people, including sugar babies and sugar daddies. It was launched more than 20 years ago, and since then, it has accepted millions of members all over the world and significantly improved its features.
We also recommend taking a look at such sites as, , , and other platforms reviewed on our website.
Extra info: Risks and pitfalls of sugaring a sugar daddy should remember
Perhaps, skeptics might say that sugaring is a very negative trend because it has a negative impact on sugar dater’s personalities. In fact, there are some pitfalls and risks—just like any other sphere of life—but knowledge is power, and if you know about the dangers of possible problems, you can avoid them effortlessly. So, let’s take a look at some bad scenarios not to learn from the mistakes that you’ve already made.
- Feeling of being used. This bothers some men, especially if they fail to date an empathic sugar baby or at least an experienced lady who knows how to ask for a gift without making a man feel used. Most sugar daddies cope with this problem—the more time you spend on dating sites, the better you understand that this is about finding a sugar baby who will respect you, like you too, and want to build a healthy sugar relationship in which companionship and mutual respect are essential.
- Confusing sugar babies with sex workers. Some SDs expect women to have sex with them on the first date, and it’s rather than an exception than a rule. Again, it’s not only about intimacy for both babies and daddies. Making sex your only priority in sugar relationships is a bad idea.
- Not taking no for an answer. It’s important to understand that sugar babies have the right to choose, too. Men are looking for ladies, ladies are looking for men, they may suit each other or not—that’s normal, and it would be wrong to let this upset you.
- Viewing women as fancy things. Yes, they date men in exchange for allowance or gifts, but most sugar babies still look for a well-mannered, wise, experienced, nice, and kind sugar daddy. Acting as a customer in the store would inevitably lead to numerous disappointments.
- Falling in love with the wrong sugar baby. Just like in a traditional romantic relationship, it’s important to think critically to see how a person really treats you. If a man falls in love (yes, that happens sometimes), he shouldn’t desperately shower a baby with gifts and do everything possible to make her stay with him. She will stay in this relationship anyway if she likes you too. Self-respect, patience, and the ability to see things as they are, in this case, are the key.
All these problems can be avoided if a sugar daddy realizes what sugaring really is and knows exactly that this will work for him. It’s still more about dating than about money, and only if both partners respect each other and each other’s expectations, this will work for both of them.