How To Become A Sugar Daddy
"Sugar" dating is a mutually beneficial relationship between a financially stable man and a young woman who provides the dating-like relationship for money, gifts, sometimes mentorship, etc. If you're interested in a sugar daddy relationship but know nothing about it, here's the first thing to know: it’s a satisfying and simple type of relationship, but that is something that works only for those who fully understand its rules. Here, you will find a full "How To Become A Sugar Daddy" guide — we will talk about:
- The websites to start with;
- The rules that have to be agreed on in order to avoid some common mistakes beginner sugar daddies make;
- How much a sugar relationship can cost on average, and so on.
If you want to know more about casual NSR relationships with sugar babies, continue reading.
Being a sugar daddy: How and where to start
The first step when you've decided to become a sugar daddy is finding a sugar baby. The easiest and most popular way to find an SB is niche dating websites such as SeekingArrangement. Yes, classic dating apps like Tinder/Match can perfectly work, too, but that’s not what they were initially created for, so the chances to get a sugar babe are higher on specialized platforms.
Let's take a short look at some of the best dating websites for sugar daddies:
- SeekingArrangement — the flagship of the industry. It's the world’s most popular sugar daddy platform with a wide assortment of premium features, a tremendously good reputation, and 8 million members.
- SugarDaddyMeet — after its launch in 2007, this dating service has quickly become one of the biggest sugar dating sites for wealthy mature men and young ambitious ladies. This website offers a lot of premium features and there are more than 4,300,000 sugar babies on SugarDaddyMeet.com, according to the homepage of the site.
- AshleyMadison — it's not a specialized sugar dating service: it's rather a website for those who are searching for extramarital relationships but there are still thousands of sugar babies on AshleyMadison. This website has a mobile app, a lot of positive feedback, and it's a good choice for every sugar daddy (though, many women's profiles are not that detailed on AshleyMadison, which is understandable given its main concept and main dating type).
- EmilyDates — another good dating platform for successful men and attractive girls. User-friendly interface, mobile application, thousands of beautiful women who are searching for a sugar daddy — Emily Dates has everything you need.
Sugar daddy types: Different daddies need a different relationship
Not all the sugar daddies want equal things.
Surprisingly, it's not even about sex in the first place — according to some surveys, 4 out of 10 sugar babies have never had sex with their SDs. There are lots of sugar daddies’ archetypes — a man can be a “mentor”, a “lover”, a “friend”, a “sponsor”, etc — the main difference between these concepts is the intentions a sugar daddy has.
- A person who is looking only (or mostly) for a sexual relationship with a young girl in exchange for money or other material benefits can be called “Lover”.
- A man who wants not just to have sex with a beautiful woman but to prepare her for the future, help her achieve her personal goals, and share his precious experience with a woman is closer to the "Mentor" archetype.
- Daddies who fall into the "Friend SD" category have, as the name implies, different goals — they are often focused on becoming a friend with a sugar baby, on learning more about her life, and on helping her make the right decisions in life.
- “Sponsors” are something in between — they support younger girls with money in exchange for sex (like “Lovers”), they can give some wise advice (like “Mentors”), and they often want to know their SBs better, just like all the “Friend” sugar daddies.
It's very important to remember that few SDs can be classified as 100% "Friends", "Lovers", “Sponsors”, or "Mentors" — it’s very common to see sugar couples where the daddy is both mentor and friend, mentor and lover, or lover+sponsor, etc.
Rules of how to be a sugar daddy
First of all: yes, there are rules. Following certain rules is extremely important to have a successful sugar dating experience — if there are no rules or if one side doesn't follow them, sugar dating will most likely go wrong. Here are the rules to follow to get a successful and troublesome relationship:
- First, agree on the contract. When it comes to sugar dating, there is no clear agreement on whether the contract must be verbal or written, but there always should be a contract. Discuss everything possible — the number of times per a certain period of time you'll meet her, the amount of the allowance, the duration of the arrangement, the payment methods (cash works best, just a tip), etc. The more conditions you introduce into the arrangement, the higher are the chances that everything will go as you expect. Don't forget to create a schedule — sugar dating is not like regular dating when it comes to unexpected meetups.
- Keep flirting under control and don't start texting sexual things right away (unless it's in your contract or she initiates it). According to some sugar babies, they don't like it when their potential sugar daddies are very sexually forward in texts at the early stages of their relationships. In this regard, it’s pretty much like regular dating with a shorter courting stage.
- Set the boundaries. For example, are you going to be exclusive with your sugar baby? In this case, you will need to discuss that and let her know that you are not happy to see her having a relationship with other sugar daddies. Conflicts can break even the best SB relationship, and that's surely not what you need.
- Be straight and honest about what you don’t like, and discuss the deal-breakers. No one likes their time being wasted and you are surely not an exception — so how would you feel if your SB canceled the date at the last moment? And what if this problem occurs multiple times? Discuss this in advance to not be disappointed (and to not disappoint your sugar baby).
- Set the boundaries for sex, too. If you're going to have a sexual relationship with your SB, it's necessary to discuss this part of your sugar dating story. What does she like and what do you like? Are there any things you feel uncomfortable about? What taboos do you have? This is a very important topic to discuss because if you don't do it, conflicts and misunderstandings are almost inevitable.
- Never share your bank information. It's also not recommended to send money to the women you haven't met in person yet, but it's up to you — some sugar daddies prefer online-only dating, so if you're one of them, go for it. But, you should never share any financial or personal info e.g your credit card number, SSN, CVV number, etc.
The sugar dating sites’ have their rules, too. These rules are not about what should a sugar daddy do on the date or about how the sugar babies should act. These rules are typically focused on the usage of the website and on how not to get banned. For instance, such things as spam, solicitation, hate speech, gender bias, and harassment are forbidden on the absolute majority of sugar baby services, just like in any virtual or real place existing. Posting comments that reveal anyone's personal info is also forbidden, as well as sexually demeaning language.
Bonus: How much does it cost to become a sugar daddy?
That’s what do sugar daddies do — they pay their SBs and exchange their financial gifts for emotional and physical companionship. But how much can you spend?
The allowance provided to the sugar baby can range between $1,000-$5,000. The numbers always depend on several factors e.g the popularity of the girl, her location, the number of meetups, etc. The popularity, attractiveness, and self-esteem of a sugar baby are among the most important factors — in general, the more men find a woman appealing, the more her potential daddy needs to pay for being with her.
The location is important, too — the monthly allowance might be as low as $1,000-$2,000 in small cities but it can be as high as $5,000-$10,000 in San Francisco, NYC (Manhattan), LA, etc. The number of dates will influence the payment only in case a couple has a "pay-per-date" system — if the partners/lovers choose the monthly allowance, this factor is neglected.
We don’t want any misconceptions: sugar babies are not a perfect solution for any man. Again: sugar dating is a good choice only for successful, financially stable men who clearly understand the rules and who are ready to follow these rules properly. Rules and boundaries are the most important things for any man who wants to enjoy the sugar dating experience. If you are okay with that, it is quite easy to start by choosing one of the top dating sites, for example, one of those we’ve provided earlier in this article.